I’m working on a Accounting question and need guidance to help me study.
Capital Investments in Emerging Markets
Use the Internet and/or Strayer Library to research a publicly traded manufacturing company of your choice. Review the current plans that your selected company has identified for capital investments in emerging markets. Note: You can find useful information on a company’s capital investment plans from their website and/or press releases.
Write a 5–6-page paper in which you:
- Suggest a methodology to supplement the traditional methods for evaluating the capital investments of your selected company in the emerging markets to reduce risk. Provide a rationale for your suggested methodology.
- Assess one way in which inflation could potentially impact planned capital investments in emerging markets and examine one (1) approach to perform an accurate evaluation of the investments. Suggest how this knowledge may impact management’s decisions.
- Contrast the modifications you would make in evaluating the projects to increase internal capacity in the largest market in which the company currently operates with the modifications you would make in evaluating expansion projects into secondary markets. Suggest one way that this information will impact the decisions made related to expansion.
- Examine two benefits of using sensitivity analysis in evaluating the projects for your selected company. Suggest how this approach can provide a competitive advantage for the company.
- Use at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Use the Strayer Library to conduct your research. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a recommendation for evaluating a company’s capital investments in emerging markets that includes the potential impact of inflation, modifications to evaluating projects, and benefits of using sensitivity analysis.
Question Description: Colorado Technical University Managing Global Human AGC Subsidiary Discussion
I need support with this Accounting question so I can learn better.
400 to 500 words
The briefing to John and the board of directors was a success. You and Shawn believe that it allowed them to understand the challenges associated with managing global human capital effectively and the value of recognizing human capital as a critical part of AGC’s strategic plan. John and the board of directors gave every indication that they understood the sense of urgency needed to align the key global human capital goals with those established for the entire global organization. In fact, they asked you to move ahead with developing global human capital goals for AGC as part of its strategic plan.
You will begin by evaluating the existing organizational culture and analyzing the leadership styles used at each global AGC subsidiary. The company has several global subsidiaries, each with significant cultural differences. Shawn believes that AGC would benefit from an organizational culture that is more proactive and competitive. Likewise, he believes that leadership development programs should focus on styles that recognize the importance of celebrating diversity, empowerment, and innovation.
Review the AGC scenario for this course and discuss the following with your peers:
- Using AGC as an example, what human capital management problems can arise when an organization does not acknowledge cultural differences at its global subsidiaries?
- How can leadership styles effect global organizational culture?
- Describe a human capital management goal that Shawn can recommend to change the global organizational culture of AGC.